Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's 2007 ain't it????





I just came across this story over on my fellow blogger CL spot and have to say this is the first time I have even heard on this event goin down!

Last fall in Jena, Louisiana, the day after two Black high school students sat beneath the “white tree” on their campus, nooses were hung from the tree. When the superintendent dismissed the nooses as a “prank,” more Black students sat under the tree in protest. The District Attorney then came to the school accompanied by the town’s police and demanded that the students end their protest, telling them, “I can be your best friend or your worst enemy… I can take away your lives with a stroke of my pen.” A series of white-on-black incidents of violence followed, and the DA did nothing. But when a white student was beaten up in a schoolyard fight, the DA responded by charging six black students with attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

In 2007 this shit is re-fuckin-dic-u-lious! I can whole heartily say that I myself have never experienced this type of shit being that I'm from a very diverse metropolis like Los Angeles but I couldn't even fathom having to deal with this fuckin madness I would catch a few 187's fuck just attempted! The families of these young men are fighting back, but the story has gotten minimal press. Together, we can make sure their story is told and that the Governor of Louisiana intervenes and provides justice for the Jena 6.

Fight the power! and sign this petition:

FREE THE JENA 6!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny B. said...

Yeah this is crazy! I cant believe that shit... wait yes i can cause AMERICA is full of racist people who dont give a damn about people who arent on their level!

my family is from the south and its crazy that they were telling me like waaaay back in 50's and shit is still going on...

i already did my part to try to help but we need to pass this along!!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< <$Whom I'm Iz$>